It’s been a long time since the San Francisco Giants …. (fill in the blank)
The Giants’ June swoon continued Saturday as the Giants’ offensive woes continued in a 2-1 loss to the Rockies.
The loss was the Giants’ sixth in a row. It’s been a long time since Giants fans have witnessed certain things. Consider …
- Last time the Giants won a game in Colorado — May 16, an 8-6 win. Since then, the Giants have dropped their last five games at Coors. In their last four losses at Denver, the Giants have scored a total of four runs.
- Last RBI by anyone other than Buster Posey: Andres Torres’ RBI single in the 9th on Tuesday (since then all runs scored on two-run homer by Posey on Thursday, solo homer by Posey on Friday and RBI double by Posey on Saturday).
- Last time Giants had more than two runs on the board by the end of the sixth inning — Monday, June 17 vs. Padres (12 games ago)
- Last time a Giant came to the plate with the Giants holding the lead — Friday, June 21 (8 games ago) when Giants led 3-1 in the fifth during a 6-3 loss to Marlins (the Giants beat the Marlins 2-1 the next day, but that came on a walk-off hit to give Giants the lead for first time)
- Last time Giants enjoyed a three-run lead — Saturday, June 15 (14 games ago) when Giants led 5-2 in the sixth inning vs. the Braves, a game they would end up losing 6-5.
- Last time the Giants won a game on the raod — Friday, June 14, a 6-0 win over the Braves. The Giants have lost 7 straight on the road since.
- Last time Buster Posey did not start a game — Monday, June 17. He’s started 11 games since, including three at first base (June 21, June 26 and June 29). He may very well be at first base again Sunday against the left-hander Drew Pomeranz.